Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Performing With Jakarta Broadway Team - April 17th 2011

Hello there,how you doing?
so i just want to share about my latest gig which was on 17th of April 2011 with Jakarta Broadway Team for We Dance,We Sing,We Glee Competition at Pacific Place, Jakarta.

The story was quite interesting,here we go..
It was the first week of April,and Jakarta Broadway Team (JBT) manager Alicia Kosasih contacted me and asked me if I can perform as the rapper for JBT on 16th and 17th of April, and without a doubt I said yesss!! its JBT and it will be a great experience to be able to perform with big band and dancers with all the scenario behind each songs.

Buuut,two days after Alicia asked me about the JBT gig, Ferdi (Soulflou's Synth Player) told me that Soulflou's demo was accepted for an event in Universitas Indonesia. Since its been a while since we perform, I took a decision to cancel my gig with JBT.

Suddenly, on 11th of April, the committee of UI's event postponed their event,and left me kind of confused,but i decided to just let the JBT gig to passed,because I know they would have the playlist already and having me back on their plan will ruin the whole process.

Alhamdulillah,Alicia then contacted me again,asked me if I can do the 17th performance,and for the second time i answered "YES". On April 15th I went to the rehearsal at BepBop Music Studio at Tebet,when I arrived there i just figured out that the studio has 3 different rooms and located in different houses. JBT was in studio A, and the first thing that attracted me was the sneakers outside the studio,the Supras and Reeboks make me wondered what the rehearsal gonna be.

As I enter the studio, I saw some of BagBeat's players (I'll post it later about Bagbeat) and also other friends. When I look to the left side of the studio, I saw these dancers practicing their moves for the songs. Nervous?? YESS! these people are serious musician and dancers, so I got to keep up with their performance. I sat near Haris and Aldhi,and just joking around before they start to play the playlist and after the song "Italiano", Ian played the intro for "Beggin" from Madcon, and its time for me to step up to my mic, working with 2 other vocalists Tobing and Hans. When Aldhi started to hit that drums, i got to start to spit my lines

"Every time I bleed you let me go,
Everytime i reach you let me yo

Everytime I seek you let me know
But I planted my seed so let me go,

I'm on my knees and I'm beggin..
Cos I don't want to loose youu..
I arms so spread,I hope that my heart got fed matter fact I'm beggin.."

After two rounds of rehearsal,its time to go home,I caught flu at that time,so I came home,drink a tablet of decolgen, and went to sleep.

17th April 2011,I woke up from Aldhi's sofa, because I sleep over at his crib since the checksound ended at 01.00 am,so i went to his house and sleep for a while. I met Aldhi's father and talked about the current style of clothing that actually not so different with the 80's,faded jean and colorful sneakers,while we watching Dahsyat. At 10.00 am i went home and preparing for the performance,my parents came to see me perform together with my brother so I really excited to sang in front of them.

Got my white shirt on,my red sneaks on,and I'm good to go. As I arrived at Pacific Place,I met my family,its been 3 weeks since my parents come to Jakarta,so I missed them so much. Together we went to the venue,watching the participants of the competition. First impression was WOW by the dance performance by Alicia and other judges,the movement was dope! and i'm lookin forward to learn some of the moves from her haha :D. After that,we saw the particpants, I met one person from XO crew,this dude was crazy with his poppin skill back in GET BOUNCE Competition (next post hehe).

So after 7 performances by the participants, now its time for JBT to show what we got. Hittin with the big hit,the crowd went crazy,and after the song Bend and Snap,its time for me to do my job..



kind of slipped my words,but still got it covered haha..
at the end, I met my senior from my university Grace,she used to be the president of Bina Nusantara Musician Club (BIMUS) where I was the Event Organizer and we used to work hard to plan shows for BIMUS


the final prize was whenI met my parents and my brother,and looking their smiles is just priceless..


and realized that my talent and all that I have are all gifts from Allah S.W.T,so its always a blessing to do what I enjoy for the thing that I love,and doing this to entertain people.

(with Bram,Haris,Dhyka and Laras)

Shout out to JBT team,thanks for having me,and i hope we can work together again in the future.

Video and photos by Denny Setia Utama :D

peace.



No comments: